Cook Job – Georgetown, TX
Why You'll Love This Job
Do you strive for perfection and would like to work for a company where that trait is rewarded? Would you enjoy creating delicious food dishes, customized to satisfaction in a state-of-the-art kitchen? If you are great with time management and interested in pursuing a career at an established Austin eatery, Hat Creek Burger Company is interested in bringing you on board as our Cook in Georgetown, TX!
As a Hat Creek Cook, you would be a member of the Back-of-House team, and play an important role in preparing outstanding food, delivered in a timely manner to all dine-in and to-go customers. You also would be responsible for prepping, cooking, portioning and serving all food products according to Hat Creek standard operating procedures, as well as inventory duties. Back-of-House team members also play a unique role in providing excellent customer service through “Hi’s and Bye’s” from the kitchen to customers and upholding our culture and mission statements while performing work in the kitchen.
For a fun and rewarding job with a family-centered business that has provided the backdrop for good food, good friends, and good fun in the Austin area since 2008, apply for Hat Creek's Cook position today!
- Follow prep/par sheets to prepare product for shift
- Accurately cook, assemble, and package customer's orders according to Hat Creek S.O.P.'s
- Follow all portion control procedures, accurately record food waste, follow proper holding and storage of all food items, ensure correct food temperature is reached and maintained
- Work in safe and sanitary manner following all local and state requirements
- Unpack and store incoming inventory and truck orders, ensure cleanliness of your cooking area, maintain safe operation of all kitchen equipment, and report any kitchen equipment that is not working correctly
- Cooks are required to work in a kitchen environment which includes working with and around kitchen equipment such as but not limited to ovens, stoves, walk-in cooler/freezer, milkshake machine, frying equipment, and knives
- You will be exposed to heat, steam, fire, noise, and potentially slippery surfaces including the floor
- Cooks are expected to be on their feet for up to 8 hours or more at a time and be able to lift as much as 50 pounds
- The Cook position can either be full time or part time
- The restaurant working schedule is Monday to Sunday
Must be eligible to work in the United States