Why You'll Love This Job!
Would you like the chance to build a strong foundation and advance within a locally owned and operated company? Hat Creek Burger Company is looking for its newest Assistant Manager, and we’re interested in having you as part of our family!
We can provide schedules that fit your lifestyle and plenty of work hours in this Assistant Manager position. You’ll lead a team of fun, positive employees and ensure the satisfaction of our wonderful customers. Opportunities to oversee remote events and occasionally travel between stores will keep the job new and interesting! You’ll have the chance to hone your management skills in a supportive environment and the abilities you’ll need to expand your career horizons.
Build and improve your management skills with an established company that has served the Austin community for almost a decade! Apply for this Assistant Manager role in Spring, TX today!
Assistant Manager Responsibilities
- Assigned to BOH or FOH duties and are tasked with excellent execution of the position to which they are assigned
- Ensuring that all food safety procedures and sanitization practices are being upheld
- Opening and/or closing the restaurant
- Responsible for completing operational checklists
- Assist with inventory counting and ordering
- Assist with training and evaluation of all positions
- Confers with GM and AGM on all disciplinary action
- Equipment upkeep and maintenance
- Assists with vendor & technology issues
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of entire store property, including dry storage, walk-in, play yard, and dumpster area etc
- Will supervise shift (operations)
Assistant Manager Qualifications
- Collaboration skills
- Problem Solving
- Effective communicator
- Stress Management/Composure
- Time Management
- Detail oriented
- Coaching/Mentoring skills
- Customer Service
- Restaurant operations
Expected Work Hours
- AMs are required to work in a kitchen environment which includes working with and around kitchen equipment such as but not limited to ovens, stoves, walk-in cooler/freezer, milkshake machine, frying equipment, and knives
- You will be exposed to heat, steam, fire, noise, and potentially slippery surfaces including the floor
- AMs will be asked to work outside in the elements when doing property walks
Required Education & Experience
- The AM position can be either part-time or full-time.
- The restaurant working schedule is Monday to Sunday
- Full-time employees are anyone who works more than 30 hours per week on average for one year; however, AMs are expected, though not guaranteed, to work between 40 and 45 hours per week on average
Preferred Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years in the restaurant industry
- One year of management in the restaurant or an equivalent industry
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- University degree or equivalent
- Two years of restaurant experience in a fast, casual restaurant